Welcome to the official homepage of Elias Nieminen Ensemble!
The Ensemble, led by drummer-composer Elias Nieminen, plays visual and genre-crossing jazz music powered by the energetic 17-piece group.
In his compositions, Nieminen creates a compelling and cinematic atmosphere through large orchestral arrangements, strong riffs and improvisation by talented co-musicians.
Abandoned childhood playgrounds, the excruciating reality of today and the serene light of the spring time evenings chime vividly in the songs.
The Ensemble is currently:
- Elias Nieminen - Drums, Compositions, Arrangements
- Sakari Kervinen - Piano
- Milena Albanese - Keyboards
- Otto Porkkala - Electric Guitar
- Max Loponen - Electric Bass
- Santeri Saari - Percussion
- Viivi Rättyä - Vocals
- Pihla Pallas - Flute, Tenor Sax
- Aapo Räsänen - Clarinet, Alto Sax
- Joel Kolehmainen - Bass Clarinet, Baritone Sax
- Antti Mäkynen - Trumpet, Flugelhorn
- Iiro Jaakkola - Trombone
- Pessi Jouste - Solo Violin
- Roope Jokinen - I Violin
- Sanni Rämö - II Violin
- Minja Bovellan - Viola
- Vilma Peltokangas - Cello
- Valtteri Tuominen - Sound Engineer
- Lotta Hirvonen - Trombone
- Susanna Syrjäläinen - Cello